Acceptable Usage Policy
This AUP governs the use of Nubble Media's web hosting service. Violation of this AUP may result in suspension or termination of your service. In the event of a dispute between you and Nubble Media regarding the interpretation of this AUP, Nubble Media's interpretation, in its reasonable commercial judgement, shall govern.
The following is the entire Acceptable Usage Policy ('AUP') agreement between Nubble Media and the personal or corporate account holder. Nubble Media provides World Wide Web Hosting, web design and script installation. Nubble Media has certain legal and ethical responsibilities consisting with the use of its servers and equipment involved in these services. Nubble Media's general policy is to act as a provider of Internet presence. Nubble Media reserves the rights to suspend or cancel a customer's access to any or all services provided by Nubble Media when we decide that the account has been inappropriately used.
What is Acceptable Usage?
Nubble Media is intended to serve the web hosting & design needs of small to medium sized businesses primarily based in the United Kingdom and EU. It is not appropriate to use our services to support large enterprises or internationally based businesses with a sustained demand that places undue burden on our systems.
If you should require large scale hosting, please be upfront regarding your needs, we will do everything we can to find a good solution, whether that is purchasing a small dedicated server for your business with a high network speed or an enterprise level server with the highest level specifications.
Nubble Media is a shared web hosting service run on dedicated hardware in a secure data centre, which means that a number of customers' web sites and other email or storage services are hosted from the same server. Nubble Media uses abuse controls to help ensure that use of our services does not adversely affect the performance of our system or other customers' sites. It is not appropriate to use an account primarily as an online storage space or for archiving electronic files.
If you use your services consistently with the terms of service and these paragraphs, your site can grow as large as necessary to meet your small business needs, but to ensure a great experience for all, we will place some constraints on how fast you can grow. The vast majority of our customers' sites grow at rates well within our rules and to date we haven't had any cause for concern.
Nubble Media Customers may not initiate the following (below), if any customer does Nubble Media may terminate the account with no refund. Depending on the situation there will/won't be warnings sent.
- Use 25% or more of system CPU resources for longer then 90 seconds or 1% of the servers CPU resources for longer than 5 minutes. There are numerous activities that could cause such problems; these include: scripts, processing videos, etc.
- Use of any kind of distributed computing software
- Run any type of interactive real-time chat applications that require server resources. Remotely-hosted services are fully allowed.
- Run stand-alone, unattended server-side processes at any point in time on the server. This includes any and all daemons.
- Run any software that interfaces with an IRC (Internet Relay Chat) network.
- Run any file sharing, bit torrent or other P2P network services, client or server software.
- Run any gaming servers
In most cases, if you use our services consistently with our terms of service, visitors to your web site will be able to download and view as much content from your site as they like. However, in certain circumstances, our server processing power, server memory, or abuse controls could limit downloads from your site. You will always be able to use as much bandwidth as your account has. For example our large website plan comes with 200GB bandwidth which is a huge amount, all of this 200GB can be used.
If you should exceed your bandwidth allowance repeatedly, we will email you to notify you about possibly upgrading your plan with us or offer to setup your own server infrastructure which we can manage for you.
We offer small email hosting with 10gb storage space and up to 10 users, we will periodically check how much space you've used and notify you when you are close to exceeding your usage.
If you should require anything above this we are happy to set you up with Google Business Email or Outlook 365 for a small fee.
* Email server software has sadly fallen behind some of the major providers in terms of deliverability and reliability, as such we don't offer medium to enterprise level hosting as there are far better solutions out there and we would be doing you a disservice to recommend otherwise.
You may not publish or transmit via Nubble Media's service any content that Nubble Media reasonably believes:
- Constitutes indecent images;
- Is excessively violent, incites violence, threatens violence, or contains harassing content or hate speech;
- Is unfair or deceptive under the consumer protection laws of any jurisdiction, including chain letters and pyramid schemes;
- Is defamatory or violates a person's privacy;
- Creates a risk to a person's safety or health, creates a risk to public safety or health, compromises national security, or interferes with a investigation by law enforcement;
- Improperly exposes trade secrets or other confidential or proprietary information of another person;
- Is intended to assist others in defeating technical copyright protections;
- Clearly infringes on another person's trade or service mark, patent, or other property right;
- Promotes illegal drugs, violates export control laws, relates to illegal gambling, or illegal arms trafficking;
- Is otherwise illegal or solicits conduct that is illegal under laws applicable to you or to Nubble Media;
- Is otherwise malicious, fraudulent, or may result in retaliation against Nubble Media by offended viewers;
Nubble Media does not accept material such as:
- Proxy, Warez, Escrow, High Yield Investment Programs (HYIP), illegal Gambling and Lottery sites.
- Content 'published or transmitted' via Nubble Media's service includes Web content, e-mail, bulletin board postings, chat, and any other type of posting or transmission that relies on any Internet service provided by Nubble Media.
* Nubble Media can terminate service for any of the above reasons and it's at Nubble Media's sole discretion to issue a refund
You must take reasonable security precautions. You must protect the confidentiality of your password, and you should change your password periodically.
Bulk Commercial Email
Bulk commercial email, mailing lists and email reflectors are allowed on Nubble Media's servers, we do however allow a maximum of 500 emails per hour per account. For any emails sent from your Nubble Media account you must adhere to the following rules:
- Your intended recipients have given their consent to receive e-mail via some affirmative means, such as an opt-in procedure;
- Your procedures for soliciting consent include reasonable means to ensure that the person giving consent is the owner of the e-mail address for which the consent is given;
- You may not obscure the source of your e-mail in any manner.
- You otherwise comply with the CAN SPAM Act and other applicable law.
These policies apply to messages sent using your Nubble Media service, or to messages sent from any network by you or any person on your behalf that directly or indirectly refer the recipient to a site hosted via your Nubble Media service. In addition, you may not use a third party e-mail service that does not practice similar procedures for all its customers.
You may not send any unsolicited e-mail, either in bulk or individually, to any person who has indicated that they do not wish to receive it. You must comply with the rules of any other network you access or participate in using your Nubble Media's services.
Material Protected By Copyright
You may not publish, distribute, or otherwise copy in any manner any music, software, art, or other work protected by copyright law unless:
- You have been expressly authorised by the owner of the copyright for the work to copy the work in that manner.
- You are otherwise permitted by established United Kingdom copyright law to copy the work in that manner.
Nubble Media will terminate the service of repeat copyright infringers.
You must have valid and current information on file with your domain name registrar for any domain hosted on the Nubble Media network.
Nubble Media is under no duty, and does not by this AUP undertake a duty, to monitor or police our customers' activities and disclaims any responsibility for any misuse of the Nubble Media network.
You may not engage in illegal, abusive, or irresponsible behaviour, including:
- Unauthorised access to or use of data, systems or networks, including any attempt to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures (including those belonging to Nubble Media and its customers) without express authorisation of the owner of the system or network;
- Monitoring data or traffic on any network or system without the authorisation of the owner of the system or network;
- Interference with service to any user, host or network including, without limitation, mail bombing, flooding, deliberate attempts to overload a system and broadcast attacks;
- Use of an Internet account or computer without the owner's authorisation, including, but not limited to Internet scanning (tricking other people into releasing their passwords), password robbery, security hole scanning, and port scanning;
- Forging of any TCP-IP packet header or any part of the header information in an e-mail or a newsgroup posting; or
- Any conduct that is likely to result in retaliation against the Nubble Media network
- Use of Nubble Media's network in a way that unreasonably interferes with Nubble Media's other customers use of the network